Monday, December 27, 2010

My Christmas

It's been way too long....

I guess you could say that I don't yet have it all together. I really thought that I would have the time to blog this holiday but as you know, I didn't. I was so busy... I was everywhere, everywhere except next to a computer. Christmas time is always such a beautiful time of year, especially now that I have children. It's so magical and real. I can say that I live through them... I live through their eyes, their happiness, their awe..

I don't know where to begin. There is so much I want to say. I first want to say that I hope everyone who reads this had a wonderful holiday. I hope this Christmas brought smiles, warmth, peace & happiness to each & every one of you. It sure did in my family! This was one of the best Christmas' yet!


To me, this year was very meaningful. Not that other years weren't but this year was 'thankful'. I actually could scream right now, "thank you, thank you, thank you!" My brother-in-laws best friend was in a terrible car accident.


On December 11, 2010, Derek, my brother in law let his best friend, Larry Carter drive his truck. Larry dropped Derek off & continued down the road. Larry fell asleep at the wheel. He crashed the truck. Nobody knows how long he was laying outside in the freezing cold before someone found him and called the police. He was airlifted to a Fairfax INOVA hospital. He immediately went into surgery. The doctors came out & told his family & friends that Larry is paralyzed from the neck down. Since then Larry has been making progress. He has pain in his arms. The doctors say this is good. His father has tickled his feet and hands and Larry has flinched. Larry has shrugged his shoulders. I believe in miracles. We believe in miracles. I believe that God can heal anything so we pray & pray. God will work this out. He will bring him through. 


So this Christmas while I was with my family, I thought about Larry and his family. I thought about what they were doing. I thought about how his mother was feeling. I thought about his father. I thought about how life is so unpredictable. All of this while I sit and watch my three children laugh, smile & share Christmas joy with each other. I'm thankful! So thankful! Please send your prayers up for Larry Carter. I would write more about this story but I can't. I can barely see out of my tear filled eyes. 


Moving on....


This year was the first time in 3 years that we got to spend Christmas Eve with my Dad. It was awesome! It was so wonderful to see family that we hadn't seen in so long. Jordan talked about it for the week prior to going over there. He calls my Dad, Pops. "We're gonna have so much fun with Pops." he said. "I can't wait! We're gonna play, and talk, and eat and play." :)
Matt, Dad, Chris, Dycen yawning :) and me!

Trying to climb up my leg

special moments with pops

The cupcakes we made to bring & share!

Loving the piano




Needless to say, Jordan didn't leave his side. He was in his glory. That right there made my Christmas. Nothing else had to happen. Nothing else good needed to come of this holiday. I had my wish. My wish came true... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 


The boys woke up early Christmas morning to find that Santa did come. They were beyond excited! A funny little note I can't leave out. My almost 9 month old who NEVER sleeps in, slept through the whole sha-bang! I was going to wake him because this was his first Christmas but momma never wakes a sleeping baby. Not even for Christmas morning! There is always next year....
Santa brought Dycen's stocking!





Well look who woke up!?!

Yes, there are presents for you!



Christmas morning is spent with Demond's family. We all gather at the church and have breakfast. It's always the best breakfast of the year! Demond has 4 brothers and 1 sister. I think the total count is  24 including his mom and dad. We're a big group and that's a whole lotta love!!! 


Christmas breakfast consisted of an innocent game of 21, 2 hand touch football that sometimes turned into tackle and great conversations with my 4 sister in laws. 
My sister in laws!

A game of 21

Aunt Danielle's gift to all the nephews! Go Tech!

Dee Dee & Grandaddy with all the Grandkids!

All of us! Now that's a beautiful thing!


After Christmas breakfast we head right to my moms house. Talk about an exhausting day! The way I look at it is, we're so thankful that we are able to see EVERYONE on Christmas. Exhausting but worth it!


Like I said, this Christmas was meaningful. When we arrived at my moms, something was missing. Where was Chris and Juli?? Isaac, my 11 month nephew had been there a couple hours before throwing up & had a fever of 104. Chris decided to take him to the ER. They ended up having to stay there over night. Doctors said that it was the beginning signs of pneumonia. 


It was weird without Chris and his family there. I didn't like it. I missed seeing him open our gifts. It was quieter than normal. I missed my nephew. I just wanted him better! We worried all day about Isaac, fortunately, everything worked out and he was released the next day. It's always so scary, the word hospital, especially being so young.

Christmas is great! But I'm glad it's over....

LOVE

Grandma's are the best!


Loved her canvas!

Dycen's toy was a hit!



So Christmas has come & gone already. I am tired, happy, thankful & blessed!

I'm gonna enjoy this glass of wine & hit the sheets!

oxox, jess 





3 comments:

  1. I love your mom's canvas...where did you order it from??

    I cannot believe Dycen slept through Christmas morning...what a funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog and again you had me crying. So inspirational and yes blessed! Your Christmas sounds just like ours, constantly on the go. Glad you were able to spend time with your dad :). BTW, Jaidon got the same toy & it was a hit at our house too. Lots of love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, my brother ordered it & used groupon. lemme talk w him & i'll get back to you :)

    ReplyDelete