Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving, A little bit late

Wow, I've totally been slacking. Well, maybe not slacking but I've made no time for myself to sit down, reflect & type.

The past few days have flown by. I've enjoyed not having to get up and get Jordan ready for school. I've enjoyed making big breakfasts' and not doing homework. I've truly enjoyed all the little things...


I worked the night before Thanksgiving & we were busy. We like to call it the 'weeds'. So in restaurant lingo, 'we were in the weeds' all night! Many people had family in so I got to meet many out-of-town guests. I asked everyone who sat down, "if they were ready for Thanksgiving?" The responses were all so unique but at the same time..... so alike. It was intriguing to hear the stories about family (good, bad & some down right, hysterical), the dishes that were being made and some of the families traditions. I got some really cool ideas. And then of course there is the other side of that coin. Haha! The lady that told me she boycotts Thanksgiving because she thinks you should be thankful all the time & not for just one day definitely took the cake. She said she makes pizza & spinach salad every year... I actually stood there in shock but couldn't say much...she hadn't tipped me yet!


Thanksgiving is a time to share with family, friends, co-workers or down right strangers. But, no matter how you spend your time, you are with the people you care about. My father-in-law, who is a Pastor, spent his Thanksgiving handing out meals at a local restaurant that was giving away Thanksgiving meals to the less fortunate. No matter where you are, you can't help but feel the extra love in the air. This is my hope. Thanksgiving to me is just as special as Christmas. Thanksgiving is everything Christmas is, without the Christmas stress of gifts and other things that lay heavy on my heart.

This year I actually took time to think about some of the things that I'm really thankful for that I wouldn't usually think about.


I'm thankful for my baby. His perfection, his innocence & his smile.


I'm thankful for all the neighborhood kids who are in & out of my house on a daily basis. I love that my kids have them. Life truly wouldn't be as fun & loud without them.


I'm thankful for all the people I meet at work. It really helps me put my life into perspective.


I'm thankful my husband doesn't swear. EVER!


I'm thankful that both of my brothers and brother-in-laws have kids the SAME age as mine.


I have a blessed life & I take nothing for granted. Thanksgiving is such a wonderful, warm, delicious holiday to share how you feel about what's important to you.


My family, friends, co-workers & people I only meet for a short time.... I'm thankful for you. You make my life, mine. 

I remember when it was just Mom, Dave, Matt, Chris & I. Now we're running out of chairs. =)


    































Savannah, Dominic, Isaiah & Jordan were the focus last year. Juliana, my sister in law & I were pregnant with these two little angels last year. We knew it would be great adding two more to the crew but couldn't have imagined something this great!





Nothing more special then seeing my Mom with our children. Grandma makes EVERYTHING better.





I hope each & every person reading this had a blessed, happy, filling and joyous weekend. Happy Thanksgiving a few days late.. from us to you!


oxox, Jess







2 comments:

  1. Not gonna lie - I teared up a little on this one! Not because I'm sad but because Thanksgiving is a great time to reflect on what makes each of us tick. You really brought things to light and wrote what I was feeling, but hadn't yet documented myself. And who am I kidding, I'm just an emotional woman at times! LOL From what I can tell, you are an amazing mother, wife, and daughter. Thanks for sharing your family with us. Happy Thanksgiving a few days late, from our family to yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lindsay! It means alot to me that it meant alot to you. If that makes any sense.... I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. You're awesome! =)Thank you for the kind words...

    ReplyDelete