Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas

I finally made it out from underneath my laundry mountain. Whew! Not having a washer & dryer for 9 days is completely ludicrous. I counted 12 loads & we still had more to go. It feels so good to have everyone's dresser full... for now.

Today we went to a small, quiet orchard about 20 minutes from our home & cut down our Christmas Tree.


Hank's Christmas Trees & Corn Maze was tucked away off a dirt road. It was awesome! Kid friendly & such great people! We always get a real tree but this year is the first year we went & cut it down ourselves. Haha.. lemme rephrase that, Demond did the cutting I did the, "over to the left, over to the right, no, I like this one, oh wait.... look at that one over there!" He was very patient, he always is. The boys on the other hand, not so much. The first tree they spotted was good for them, 12 feet high, half dead on one side and the other well there was just one side. 








Ok Mom, I'm cold & ready to go home....



We broke out the Christmas decorations & began decking the halls. Half way through decorating Jordan requested Buffalo Wings. I threw some wings on the stove and went back and fourth between trying to show them that not all the ornaments needed to be in the same spot & stirred the wings.

Every year Christmas seems to get more exciting. Jordan & Dominic truly 'get it'. 

I love seeing their faces light up. 
I love their little conversations about Christmas, Santa & snow.
I love the togetherness we have for that solid 30 minutes. EVERYONE is all about it, no distractions. I say this because I know there will be a time that I probably will be the only one decorating the tree. 
I love looking at old ornaments.
& best of all, I love that we went from 4 stockings to 5 :)







 Our Tree 2010

A few simple decorations...







I hope yall had a great weekend! Oh, I almost forgot.... my sweet baby is 8 months old today! Love you Dycen Carter :)

 oxox, jess
 
 




















5 comments:

  1. Very Pretty Christmas Tree Jess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so why is arm of your son's shirt soaking wet in one of the pics? i'm sure that has a story all of it's own, too! :) hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! i was wondering if anyone would notice that. i told him to wash his hands and i guess he decided to wash his shirt too :)

    ReplyDelete