Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The show must go on....

I didn't feel so great today. I woke up with the shakes & felt nauseous . But either way.... the show must go on.

I called my mom at work..... to whine. How silly is that? What could she do for me? I guess just hearing her voice, telling me to drink ginger ale and relax is what I wanted to hear. Is it just me or do lots of people want their mom when they're sick? I sure do and I'm almost 30. 

As the day went on I began to feel better. Weak but at least I wasn't vommiting like I had been. I've actually gotten good at being sick & taking care of my kids. Sounds crazy but I really think that it's something you've got to practice. 

Dominic really helped me alot today. I mean, as much as a 3 year old can and for as long as a 3 year old can. He played with Dycen, changing his toys out every few minutes so he would stay occupied. He blocked the the couch so Dycen couldn't see it, to try to hang on it. I layed down on the floor next to them... not very comfortable but it was the best situation and I was thankful.


That lasted maybe 30 minutes, maybe. Dominic was futsing in the corner for a little while, when all of a sudden he comes running in with his kite, holding it up as high as he can. He ran in circles, ran around the table, ran through the kitchen. Somehow thinking the kite would just all of a sudden take off in thin air. Wishful thinking son.. please just sit down. Ha! Not a chance.... he was on a mission. 


Dycen got away from his mountain of toys and teething rings just to find him sticking his fingers in one of the electric sockets. My time of rest was over... 


I made porkchops for dinner. Didn't really have a game plan but as soon as Demond walked in the door, I handed him the baby & got to work. I cut up onions & green peppers, salt & pepper, italian dressing & who knows what else I put in there... it smelled good & I was using the stuff that needed to be used. 


All I remember was making up songs so Dominic & Jordan would eat their entire plate of food. I was giving high-fives & getting crazy looks from Demond. I was acting crazy.... I told them I would get up on the table and dance if they both finished their plate. They started scarffing their food down when Demond chimed in... "you know the table will break." Everyone went silent and stopped eating. Really? I'm thinking... Really?? We were on a roll... I began to sing again and by the end of my hoopla they both had clean plates... woooohoooo- the things we do!!! 


As hard as it sometimes feels.... it's nothing that I can't handle. I love every moment, even though I may not like it at that time. 

I'm realizing that I blog now,  not just to share my life but to know what I'm thinking. 


oxox,  jess



No comments:

Post a Comment