Monday, January 17, 2011

chair rails, birthday parties & shadow boxes.

As I sit here in my chair listening to the sleet against my window, I thank God for all my blessings. 

We had such a great weekend! It was filled with family time, birthday parties, eating out, house projects & early nights to bed (which are my favorite).

In observance of Martin Luther King day, Jordan didn't have school today. It definitely feels like a Sunday night. 

On Saturday we made a family trip to Home Depot. I can't even begin to describe to you how much I love that place. I love the people, the popcorn, but most of all the tile, paint, lights, molding, knobs, plants, flowers.... I could go on forever, trust.

We chose the molding we wanted for the chair-rail & shadow boxes(for our stairwell). I picked out the paint, after asking every woman's opinion in sight. I hate second guessing myself but sometimes I need some reassurance. I've been wanting to start this project for weeks but life never seems to slow down. After walking through almost every aisle probably twice we were done & ready to go.


Oh, I almost forgot. Jordan was whining. Dominic was complaining he was hungry & Dycen started crying.... that was the real reason we were ready to go. :) I was so caught up in picking colors, I forgot we had 3 kids to keep calm.... thank goodness for Demond. He stood next to the cart while I checked out every flippin' paint swatch they had. Ok, now we're ready to go.

Demond and I took turns watching the kids. He would measure something then I would check it out and give the 'ok'. We went on like this for a couple hours until Dycen went down for his nap. The older boys are ok if we put a movie on. We knew we had about an hour to an hour and a half before he would wake up. We worked as fast as we could... almost like clock work as Demond nailed that last nail, we hear "Dada, dada, dada", through the monitor. Perfect timing!

There was no way I could paint on Saturday. That would have to wait. Disappointing because I'm such a sucker when it comes to interior decorating. 


Sunday we celebrated my nephew's 1st birthday. Isaac turned one and what a celebration it was.
Dycen Carter 9 months old

Big Sister celebrating Isaac's birthday!

Dominic, ready for cake!
Happy Birthday Isaac! We love you so much!!

The Good Life! Father & Son

Cake time!

Tasting cake for the first time.

Always time for wrestling!



Later that evening, all of the Tapscotts (yes, all 25 of us) met for dinner at Longhorn to celebrate Daron & Little Daron's birthday. I forgot my camera so unfortunately I don't have pictures of that.


Today, my sister-in-law took all three kids so I could paint. She is the best! Thanks Danielle!! After 4 hours of painting I finally finished. What a wonderful weekend. I'm ready for the next project. Until then, enjoy some of the before & after pictures. The colors in the pictures don't do the actual paint colors any justice. 
Before

 I stared at those colors for weeks before I decided on the lighter one of the two.

After the wall was finished painted & the chair-rail and shadow boxes were almost done.
It's done!!

& I love it!




Thank you Demond for being awesome & putting up the chair-rail and designing the shadow boxes. I love you & everything you do!


Look who else loves you... & look who learned how to kiss... kinda! haha!


Hope you all had a great weekend. We sure did!


be blessed.
oxox, jess





No comments:

Post a Comment