Sunday, January 2, 2011

My 2010

2010 has come and gone. The older I get the faster the time seems to go. Sometimes I don't want to blink because I think I will miss something.

2010 was so good to me. I feel like a grown up. I know that has to sound weird but it's totally how I'm feeling at this exact moment. 

I completed my family with the most perfect addition. I always questioned how I would be able to love something like I love Nic & Jordan. Dycen is the perfect fit to our family, the perfect fit to my heart.
Dycen Carter perculatin'


The first time I ever held him 

The first picture of my 3 sons


2010 taught me many things about myself. I really am strong, even when I don't feel I am. I don't do well off a schedule & neither do my kids! :) I got a crock pot in 2010 & couldn't imagine life without it now. I have learned to let go. I've learned to ALWAYS go with my heart and stick to what I believe in. And above all else.... I've learned to forgive. Thank you God. 

I love the simple things in life. The sweet smiles, the laughs, the 'momma I wanna lay with yous', fresh air,  sleeping on my stomach and the chaos, the round the clock chaos!

Enjoy some of my favorite photos of 2010.
February 2010, Dycen still in my tummy

March 2010 Roasting marshmallows for the first time.
May 2010 Main Street Fair (The cutest tiger EVER)
June 2010- Slip n' Slide in the backyard
Happy 3rd Birthday Dominic!
Fun times down by the river with Jaxson Davis!
August 2010
Our Getaway to Ft. Lauderdale -August 2010-
Happy 6th Birthday Jordan! OBX Style
September 2010 OBX Aquarium
October 2010, Our first professional family photo shoot!
October 2010, Sky Meadows State Park, our picnic spot!

 2010 made me a better person. Whenever I tell people I have 3 children under the age of 6 they always have something to say about it.... "Oh, you have your hands full or Wow, praise you."

But to me, I don't look at it that way. I look at it like this is my life. This is where I'm suppose to be. It's not that hard. It's alot of work but not hard. Don't get me wrong, some days are better than others but never more than I can handle.

In 2010 I have realized that I am capable of anything. I am capable of doing things I never knew I could. I have a wonderful husband who supports me & I'm so lucky for that.

2011 is here, at least for the moment. I'm so excited to see what this year has in store for us but really excited to see what it has in store for me, for Jessica. I'm done having babies & I'm ready to start a new adventure. Something for me.... something other than being a mom & the fun bartender. I'm going for it, I'm reaching for the stars!

Stay tuned!


I leave you with this funny tid bit...



Me (standing in the kitchen): Jordan, What is Dycen doing?
Jordan: I don't know.
Me: Nic, what is Dycen doing?
Nic: I don't know MOM!
Me: Jordan, please make sure he isn't playing with your small toys.
Jordan: Ok Mom, but if you really wanna know the truth I would come in here yourself, I mean...... he is, YOUR baby! Not mine.
Nic: YEAH!!!!! He's not mine either, Mom! Gosh!! Boys don't have babies!!!
Me: I couldn't stop laughing, the dishes had to stop & I sat in the middle of the living room, right between all the chaos... after taking the best advice I'd ever received from a 3 & 6 year old.


Happy New Year to you all!


oxox, jess

1 comment:

  1. Jess, I love this blog...you inspire me..your words touch me, (more than you know) you are uplifting. Most Importantly get YOU this year like you said...I loved that part..If you need anything as in support for the "stars" all you have to do is call me, I will do my best to support you. Much love to you, your family and mostly I love, love, love you girlie :) xoxoxo Kim

    ReplyDelete