Monday, November 22, 2010

"A day without laughter is a day wasted."

"Mommy, Mommy, the clouds are falling, the clouds are falling!" 

I looked in amazement at the seriousness in his face. At first I didn't know what he was talking about, but as soon as I got to the door I realized that it was the fog. 
"Santa is coming Mom, I know it! He's gonna be here when I get home from school!"

"It's not even December Jordan, he will be here on Christmas, I said." "Well, it looks like he's coming RIGHT NOW & that's the truth," he replied, with the most irritated attitude there is.

I left it at that.... no need to start an argument before school.  

That was the start of my day. God love him!

I enjoyed my day off. Dominic, Dycen & I waited around for the Direct T.V. dude to come.He came & now we have T.V. Bittersweet, I suppose.

Nic & I built a small fort so Dycen could crawl through..... oh yes, Dycen is crawling. Not just crawling crawling but crawling with a purpose or crawling like someone is chasing him. Good grief!

I walked into the kitchen & left him in the family room with Dominic & his toys. It wasn't even a minute later and he had made it all the way in the kitchen & was right up under my feet. My life changed in that exact moment. I now have 3 mobile children...sheesh, where's my wine?! =)

I caught parts of Oprah's 'Favorite Things' Show. Wow! What a blessing those people received today. How awesome would that be to be on that show?! Speaking of favorite things... I have some & I would like to share.
  1. I love when Dominic gets mad at me & says "I'm not your Mom anymore!" That's a fave.
  2. I love when I try to give Dycen peas between squash & bananas & he spits them in my face. That's a fave.
  3. I love that I clean the bathrooms & I'm the ONLY one who knows how to aim! That's a fave.
Those are just a few that came to mind... =) I like crock pots, jewelery & cars but nothing compares to my FOR REAL favorite things!

Jordan wanted to spend a few minutes with me before he went to bed. We curled up in bed & turned on the T.V. after reading "My Little Lion Cub".

Kentucky was playing Oklahoma in basketball. He has always been around basketball but has never shown a HUGE interest in wanting to play, yet! Football is definitely his thing as of right now.

Tonight was the first time he ever asked specific questions about the game. "Why is the blue team so much faster?" "He just threw the ball & didn't watch where it was going!?" "Are you allowed to pull people's shirts?" He was so into it, but now as I look back, it was probably because I was allowing him to stay up a tad bit later than usual. He was doing and saying anything to stay up with me. 

So I had a question for him.... "What team do you want to win, Jordan?" He stared at the TV for a bit and then turned over & looked at me with those big brown eyes and said, "the blue team because that guy right there booms it like Daddy!" "Booms it," I said. "Do you mean dunk?" "Yeah Mom, you know what I mean, I thought you played basketball." Haha!

Excuse me!

Oh & to add to my list of 'favorite things' would definitely have to be.... conversations with my 6 year old. =) Definitely!

Prayers & bed...

God Bless & Good Night!

oxox, Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment