Thursday, December 9, 2010

"A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues."

I've made it to my favorite spot. It's quiet but I'm not alone. Dominic is curled up on my left side with his head rested on my shoulder. He doesn't feel good. (And this isn't because his brother just slammed him on his back while playing a friendly game of football- in the house!) I'll type a little bit then rub his head, twisting his hair through my fingers, he loves that. He really loves his momma when he doesn't feel good. Actually, they all do. I haven't even got through this paragraph & my left side is already numb. It doesn't matter,  he's finally comfortable.

I would definitely have to say today was a 'blah' day. We have the nasty cough, cold, yuckiness cloud over our home right now. I ran out of Lysol earlier & when Demond stopped at the store to pick up a few things, of course that cloud was present & I forgot to tell him to pick a can up. Tomorrow I'll get one and continue my trigger happiness.


Dycen has become that 2 month old baby again, the one I've already forgotten about. He wants me to hold him. Not just hold him on my hip but hold his body close, very close against my chest with my hand on his head singing my famous.... "doooo do dooooo, doooo do doooo." Which still gets Jordan, he'll hear that and ask me to stop because it makes him tired. 

I hate to see my children sick, but I can't help but to love having my baby back on my chest. The peacefulness that it brings me is unspeakable. Its the true bond between a mother & child. When I think about it, it almost makes me sad. Dycen probably will be my last baby & to see how fast they grow, I'm cherishing every moment, for real this time.

I'm definitely not myself either. I ate an overwhelming amount of cough drops, popped medicine & vitamins trying to get ahead of this funk. I've got places to go & people to see, a wedding and the Redskins Game this weekend. No time for anyone to be feeling under the weather, especially me!


Our day ended with tackle football in the family room. I couldn't help but to think "wow, this never would have been ok with my mom!" 


I love seeing the way they look at their father. The acceptance that they want from him. The laughs & definitely the cries that he makes better. 

I love watching Demond try to be fair and give them both the same and equal amount of attention. All while Jordan is hanging from his leg and Dominic is hanging from his back trying to strip the ball away.


Dominics' stiff arm to Jordan & then ducking around the kitchen table for a touchdown was the highlight of the night! It sent Jordan into attack mode. Jordan slammed Dominic on his back and then came the tears and then of course, came bed time. 


My life is, believe it or not exactly what I envisioned it to be. I always thought I would have boys. I always pictured myself in the middle of the family room wrestling with my kids. 

It's for me a 'full circle' moment. I remember my dad with my brothers and I, and now I sit here and watch it happen in my own world. 

I don't know if I deserve all this. I do know that there isn't a day that goes by I don't sit back & want to weep to my knees and give thanks for everything I have.

Be thankful.

Good night & God Bless



oxox, jess







2 comments:

  1. Wonderful entry.....you are an amazing mother, wife and friend. I am so glad you came into my life! Love you like a sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you more than you know Gina... & I feel the same about you! Looking forward to Sunday, my FIRST game!!

    ReplyDelete