Thursday, April 7, 2011

without the complex, the trying and the unplanned, the good just wouldn't seem so good.

And everything at this exact moment is perfectly still. I have the windows open & the beautiful breeze keeps blowing this one small piece of hair over my left eye. There is a small piece of me that is really annoyed but I forget that this is what I have been waiting for. I love that piece of hair, annoying or not. Keep coming breeze, I love you. The kids played today, they played hard. It was such a beautiful day to be outside. I realize I have said that sentence more than once in the past few posts. I love saying that and I am so glad the nice weather is coming and its coming to stay.

My morning didn't start off how I planned. But really, when does it ever? 

I couldn't find matching socks for Jordan. I forgot that I needed to go to the grocery store when I got off last night and woke up to find no milk for cereal, no waffles for the syrup and no bagels for the cream cheese. Scrambled eggs it was. 

I asked Jordan to put on his black shoes and wasn't watching him while he did it and didn't realize that those shoes were filthy and had dried mud all over them. I was feeding Dycen when I looked over his shoulder to see a million (maybe not a million but you know what I mean) small dirty footprints all over the living room and kitchen, not to mention small piles of dirt everywhere Jordan stopped. He didn't even realize it. 

I started to get mad but I never want him to go to school upset so I saved it for after he left... by that time I had gotten over it..  I strapped Dycen to his seat and Dominic was good in the toy corner with his puzzles. I began my unplanned early spring cleaning of the wood floors. Now that I look back... the floors look great, and I know that happened for a reason... I have been wanting to clean those floors but always find some small excuse why not to, and do something else... Now it's done and now I'm happy. To be honest... without the complex, the trying, and the unplanned, the good just wouldn't seem so good.  

The good was real good today!



I caught him red handed sharing his lollipop. That's real love right there.



And off he went with it, smiling and laughing. Sometimes you just gotta let stuff go and enjoy the moment... even if it's 8:30am. 


But when the fun is over & dominic realizes the only way to keep him away from his stick of sugar is sitting at the big boy table... baby gets mad. Oh, so mad! 





We met friends at this super neat park here in town.  Talkin' about love where you live... I LOVE WHERE I LIVE.

Friends in the making. 










I felt calm and present,  moved by the curiosity of my boys, inspired by the beautiful sunshine. High on life.. I love seeing my children happy. Happy to be playing with other kids and happy to be there. Just there. 









"Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero."  -Marc Brown




My sweet friend, kelly & her son jaidon. Thanks for spending the day with us. Between her three boys and my three boys... our rants & stories are so real. I somehow, even though we don't know each other well, feel so connected with her. I feel that somehow we share a common bond with the craziness our lives lead. She knows. She knows how I feel.  I love it and I love how much she understands.  oxox 




he will always be my baby, even when he doesn't want me to hold him anymore. my baby, my sweet, precious baby.




cheers to playgrounds, sunshine & making new friends. 

oxox, jess




No comments:

Post a Comment