Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happiness is...

What a great weekend! All of the kids are asleep & the quiet has set over my home.  I just finished stuffing goodie bags with jordan & dominic. They had such a great time doing it. Those moments are the best for me.  I was constantly guiding them. ( Some of the bags had 10 stickers on them and others only had 2. I explained that everything had to be even)  The looks on their faces after we were finished were priceless.  They were so proud of themselves that they were doing this for their 'baby brother'. 

Dominic was worried the entire time that Dycen would know what we were doing. After a few moments I just quit trying to explain to him that Dycen would probably never know what was going on but the memories that we are making for him and the pictures we will take will forever be for him. "Someday he will look back and appreciate all we did," I said. "Yeah, Mom you're right, I remember my carnival party too." (very interesting because dominic never had a carnival party.. hahaha)

Moving on...

There was never a dull moment the past 2 days.  This is the first time I have been able to sit down and catch my breath. I like it like this though. I like being on the go and having places to be and people to see. 

I have been typing and erasing, typing and erasing because I don't know how I want to write this blog.  Before I started tonight, I read one of the blogs I follow and her title was Happiness is...  That is perfect for me right now. The fact that making memories on the weekends with my entire family is what I live for, happiness is on my mind. I live for the weekends. I live for packing the diaper bag EXTRA LARGE, remembering little toys for the car rides, extra clothes, sippy cups, snacks,  the 'seat belts on, we aren't leaving until everyone has their belt on' talk every time we get in the car, the chaos of unloading and loading our brood,  and pretty much everything, as long as we're together. 

Happiness is defined as a state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure, or joy.  


Happiness is... 
my weekend. enjoy.

having my brother coach my son.






 Happiness is...


watching my husband coach our son.






Happiness is...

seeing who can finish their drink fast enough without laughing.



Happiness is...

being able to sit outside Bed, Bath & Beyond while momma bear shops.






Happiness is... 


spending their dollar after a well behaved weekend shopping trip.






Happiness is...

frosting cupcakes with your friends.





Happiness is...

no rules.



Happiness is...

treson christopher.



Happiness is...

finished cupcakes for my father-in-law.



Happiness is...

big brothers decorating goodie bags for their baby brothers 1st birthday party.

(oh yeah, that's my new eating area that i said i would post pictures of, there ya go)

 

 
 Happiness is...

eating his first ice cream cone. tru dat.


Our weekend was full of smiles, laughter ( some crying of course, i won't even lie), togetherness but most of all,  happiness


Hope your weekend was full & bright. 
love y'all

oxox, jess
 

 

1 comment: