Friday, March 25, 2011

having it all together, only sometimes.

"True friendship is when two friends can walk in opposite directions, yet remain side by side."


Last night was great with my girlfriends. It's always so nice to get out and let loose. I love to laugh & be silly. After a great girls night of crab cakes, bang bang shrimp, pinot nior & checking the TV every once in awhile to see where we all stood with our brackets, leaves me feeling rejuvenated.  Almost like my mind & body tell me 'thank you' & then there's an immediate strength that comes over me saying, "Let's do this... let's get this done, back to work!"

I feel that I have been put on this earth, most importantly to be a mother, among many other things. To raise 3 boys to become respectful, hard working, honest & good hearted men. Being able to take time for myself is one of the things I am most thankful for. I know in doing that, it helps me to be a better parent. It helps me to relax and clear my head. I am thankful for my husband who stands by all my decisions and let's me be the woman I want to be. I am thankful.

Now that I am done with that rant we can move on!

So I remember yesterday that I said and I quote, "I finally think I have my act together." Oh lawd, I don't know if I will ever have my act together... 


I was so excited to finally post something on here yesterday. I had everything organized around the house. I got everything I needed to do within the time limit I wanted to. Laundry, vacuum, sweep, wipes down counters, wipe floors.. etc. I got to spend quality time with dycen & dominic. I was on a roll or so I thought.. 


Dominic asked for grilled cheese for lunch. I was totally cool with that because he always 'helps' & that is an easy 'help' meal. We played around in the kitchen for a few and started to butter the bread and throw the cheese slices on when the doorbell rang.


I was thinking to myself... who could that be? I haven't ordered anything that I was expecting a package. Everyone in the neighborhood was in school, my neighbors were at work... hhhhmmmm.. 


I answered the door, mind you... this was 12:30 in the afternoon & guess who it was?? JORDAN! He immediately said to me, "Why did you lock the door mom? You knew I had a half day today!" My heart sank, I couldn't believe this... I totally forgot and felt so horrible about it. I definitely didn't let Jordan knew I forgot. I blamed dycen for locking the door... really jess, really? ugh! I had to come up with something fast. 


I am so glad I didn't go anywhere. I am so glad that we were at home. Thank you jesus!  What would have happened if I wasn't there? I felt like such a bad mom. Wow! How could I have forgot? I immediately began the 'if I wasn't home when you got home, what would you do' conversation. We discussed that he would go with his buddies to their house and wait for me to get home. I then ran next door and spoke with my neighbor and discussed it with her and we were all on the same page. I am hoping this will NEVER happen but there always has to be a plan.


I have talked to other moms and they have told me that they have done stuff like that too. It's normal but it really didn't make me feel any better. I thought I had my 'stuff' together. Apparently I don't but but who does. Who always has it together? Who always remembers everything? No one and if there is someone out there, I would love to meet them.

Point of story... I will never have it ALL together and that's okay with me. I do the best I can. However, I do know that Jordan has a half day today and I will be down at the bus stop with bells on. =)


Happy Friday!


oxox, jess



No comments:

Post a Comment